Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I Hate Books

I Hate Books
I know this is an absolute awful thing to say but I really do hate books. All books. Not just reference books or autobiographies but right through to books like of mice and men. I have such a boredom threshold for anything. I can pick up a reference book and put it down after finding what I need. I have no need or wish to read pages and pages of someone else’s thoughts when the history channel can do it for me.

Of course this does cause a few issues at college with having to read the classics and having no ability to get past a few pages of what I see is old style boring writing. Yes, I can hear the world shouting at me now. But that is how I feel about it and there is no point in saying anything different.

I can live without books but my college absolutely disagrees with me. Every week we are burdened with more books to read and even comment on. Some of these books are supposed to be all time classic pieces of literature. I know that as everybody tell me so. But what do you do if you really can’t see that or even believe it?

For many complicated reasons I have to do literature. Don’t ask! So I have to read some of the Thomas Hardy and Bronte stuff. But I cannot read them. I find the styles of writing so boring and therefore I have yet to read any of the books more than a third of the way through. This of course is doing nothing for my grades.

I have recently decided to read summaries of the books and listen to comments and write ups about the books. This at least gives me a realistic overview and gives me enough of the story for me to pretend I have understood it.

The biggest problem is when I have to do formal reports or essay editing n a particular book. My knowledge and overview is just not good enough to get me through at all. So I now use the services of these professional online companies that specialize in essay editing and of course the literature side of it too. So for a few well spent dollars I have a professional piece of work to slightly rewrite in my own words and give in on time to my tutors. My last essay was of mice and men and although I have not yet seen the score I know it got through OK.


Graham Hull has always been an avid NON reader of books, but despite this is doing very well for himself anyway.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© Copyright 2010-2011 SHINE KERALA |TOP KERALA BLOG | KERALA NEWS | MALAYALAM FILMS All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.