Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Something New - BBQ Catering Events!

Something New - BBQ Catering Events!

After being invited every weekend for cocktails at a friend’s, or for a dinner at a family member’s, it had gotten to a point where I had not cooked on a weekend anything more than breakfast. This meant that it was time for me to have some type of gathering and invite all those that have been far too kind, and have invited me to their homes for the past couple of weeks.

I decided to host a BBQ, my home is quite small but I do have a spacious backyard that has been crying to be used. I realized if everyone I had invited said they would come I would have to move to a park, but luckily some people already had to work. Tips for a busy person hosting a BBQ
  1. CATER! CATER! CATER! Do not stress about food, go on google or whatever search engine you use and type in BBQ catering and your area, and then pick something local and close. I would not worry about doing too much research, I did and I found it unnecessary. Click on one of the first options on your list and take it from there. I went to http://www.bbqatyourplace.com.au/ and found more than I wanted. Most catering websites off you different packages, and can offer you equipment if needed as well. I was more than happy for catering, saved me so much time and stress on how much food I need, and having someone do the grilling-I cannot grill.
  2. Be prepared for rain! I checked the forecast every day for a week before my event, it does not really tell you much, it is continuously changing and then on the actual day the weather was far from what had been predicted! With the number of people I had invited and the size of my home, I really had my fingers crossed for no rain. I did set up my home in case by moving the furniture to the side to have an open area, and it did rain a little where I brought everyone inside for half an hour which was not that bad. I set up the food inside so people were going in and out, as well to use the washroom.
  3. Wear comfortable shoes: sounds like something so very small, unless you plan on sitting down, you will be walking around talking to everyone—at least I was.
  4. Make it clear if you are inviting children to your event. BBQ events are usually during the day, and this is when families spend time. If you are having kids at your event, prepare to have something to entertain them, whether it is a ball they throw around or kick, or a piƱata (this is good for adults as well!) Games can be fun, with simple prizes. Go on to Google and type in BBQ games or outdoor simple games and you should get a lot of fun results
  5. Make a theme! I never had one, but a friend of mine told me she had been to a BBQ with a theme and said it was fun; most people will work with it. Island theme is very popular and works well; you can have decorations and offer people hoola skirts and whatnot.
  6. Drinks! This is so important, you can never have too much beverages to offer! Make it simple and self serve, you do not want to have to keep going back and forth pouring drinks for people.
  7. Finally, have fun! Play some music, and enjoy yourself.

Mushroom Catering in Sydney

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© Copyright 2010-2011 SHINE KERALA |TOP KERALA BLOG | KERALA NEWS | MALAYALAM FILMS All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.